Tuesday, April 19, 2005

skimboarding heaven!!!

whooohooo!!!

i just learned the "one-step-drop," the most essential step to being able to waveride on a skimboard. it's actually quite embarrassing, the way i learned. a friend was asking me to teach him how to skimboard, so we went to the beach, me, my bro, and the two friends. when we arrived, the beach was perfect! as in perfect waves on perfect sand.

we skimmed for about a couple of hours, catching a few waves now and then, when i suddenly noticed how glen, the friend, was mounting his skimboard. yes, it was the one-step-drop. the exact mount i've been trying to learn since i began skimboarding. so i approached him and asked how he was doing it. he described it to me, and i tried it.

nailed it on the first try.

as it turned out, there was only one mistake i was making. i needed to twist my body a little ion order to get on the board in one step. whew.

the teacher becomes the pupil.

i don't care, though, since the move just opened up a new world of skimboarding for me.

this is not me
photo courtesy of SkimOnline.com

1 comment:

miggs said...

Ja!! teach me teach me!! I got bruised all over my knees trying to ride my board the first time. Worst, I could not lift my legs the morning after. They're very painful!